Canadian Viewpoint is a medium sized market research firm in Richmond Hill, Ontario, immediately north of Toronto, with almost 40 years of experience in qualitative, quantitative, and new research technologies. We know Canadian research better than anyone. We’ve fielded millions of surveys, completed thousands of face-to-face interviews, and recruited thousands of focus group participants. And, we’ve built cool new technology that allows our clients to conduct eye-tracking, create heatmaps, do facial coding, and more. We love giving our clients a full set of customizable options to meet their various needs.
Hours/Schedule: Permanent, Full-Time, on-site at our Richmond Hill office
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included.
The Project Coordinator assists the Project Management team with their projects to ensure a positive client experience and that their projects are completed on-time, on-budget, and to specifications. They should be well versed in all methodologies (e.g., CATI, online, sampling only, qualitative research).
The individual filling this role will be process-driven, proactively manage project lifecycles, and show an unwavering commitment to exceeding client expectations. The Project Coordinator will also troubleshoot and problem solve throughout the lifecycle of projects/studies to ensure clients are happy with their outcome.
This position requires a strong technical aptitude, energetic drive, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
Typical work activities will require the Project Coordinator to:
- Co-ordinate and lead kick off calls with the client to:
- Review questionnaire documents
- Confirm that project specifications match quotation specifications
- Confirm their expected timeline
- Brief staff as/if required, e.g., brief mall or on-site face-to-face studies with interviewers and supervisors in Toronto or/and other locations
- Manage survey programming/testing using internal and external resources
- Liaise between the client and the programming team during client link review and feedback
- Ensure survey quotas and sample plans meet expectations
- Calculate the appropriate number of participants to invite to surveys from our panel database
- Ensure internal processes and tests are followed so that accuracy is maintained during the dispatching of survey invites
- Execute sampling requests in a timely manner with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Use our internal sampling software, as well as third party tools (e.g., MARSC, Sendy, Decipher)
- Report on all key survey metrics after pre-testing including net expected incidence and interview length
- Provide regular study performance field updates to client and/or client service person while monitoring projects in–field to ensure that deadlines are met
- Escalate quickly internally if a project falls off course
- Manage third party translations as/if required
- Co-ordinate tabulation/coding as/if required
- Ensure that project files are organized, up-to-date, and archived regularly
- Manage sample
- Trouble-shoot and problem solve throughout the life cycle of projects/studies, immediately reporting any issues to the client service person
Note: As a mid-sized company, we must all wear multiple hats and sometimes take on responsibilities outside of our standard job description.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Excellent customer service and project management experience, ideally in the market research industry
- Passion to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- General understanding of market research principles
- Better understanding of sampling methodology, incidence rate, quotas, and response rates
- Knowledge of popular research methods, e.g., questionnaires, focus groups, interviews, mall intercepts, shelf-tests
- Familiarity with and keen to learn more about newer research methods, e.g., eye-tracking, heatmaps, facial coding, online qualitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Active listener with demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, driven, quick to follow through, able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and create solutions
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing and able to work outside of typical work hours as needed by clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity among our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We also admire musical abilities and would love to add another musician to our in-house band that already includes guitar, trumpet, and voice.