The Team Lead, Project Management role is a full-time permanent position responsible for orchestrating the show for their team to ensure a positive client experience and that their projects are completed on time, on budget and to specification.
The individual filling this role will be process-driven, proactively manage the project lifecycle with the team, and show an unwavering commitment to exceeding client expectations. The Team Lead will also help their team troubleshoot and problem-solve throughout the lifecycle of the projects/studies to ensure the client is happy with their outcome.
This position requires a strong management skills, technical aptitude, energetic drive, and the ability to multitask and prioritize.
This role will report to the Manager, Online Project Management. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your leadership and management experience while taking an active role in managing projects to success. The core responsibilities of this role are outlined below:
Build, maintain and nurture client relationships.
- Act as a point of escalation for clients and our internal team when addressing issues or challenges.
- Develop and maintain plans for each Project Manager/Project Coordinator. This includes bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with each Project Manager or Project Coordinator and weekly team touchpoints.
- Conduct mid-year and year-end performance reviews
- Ensure that all project work is delivered on-time and on-budget to clients
- Provide support/training to the Project Management team to help with our overall capability and capacity
- Allocate projects to Project Managers/Project Coordinators based on their skills set and knowledge of the client’s requirements.
- Identify training requirements for your team and provide coaching and mentorship on an ongoing basis
- Proactively work towards improving Project Management processes
- Address any issues with the Project Managers/Project Coordinators, other departments, and clients where appropriate and work with other Team Leads and Director, Client Service / VP, Field Operations to propose solutions.
- Proactively anticipate, troubleshoot, overcome and/or escalate project challenges faced on the team in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate with the team the vision of Canadian Viewpoint
- Must be proactive and take the initiative to learn more about market research and existing clients’ businesses
- Make decisions relating to project issues, including field, sample, tabulations, etc
- Track team bandwidth and hire to accommodate continuing growth. Post for team openings, pre-screen, interview, reference check and onboard new hires.
- Suggest and organize team-building activities
Depending on work volume, Team Leads will also be expected to take on active projects to ensure our clients
expectations are met.
Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional communication skills and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to work collaboratively across our different teams
- Must be a team player
- You’re resourceful, resilient, proactive and thrive in high-pressure situations with an ability to learn, collaborate and bring great ideas to meetings
- University or college degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English Language (Excellent written and oral communication skills)
- Excellent time management/organizational skills; ability to multitask and complete tasks on time
- Understands sampling methodology (quant vs. qual), incidence rate, quotas, response rates and other market research concepts
- Positive, upbeat attitude/personality with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)