Canadian Viewpoint is a medium-sized market research firm in Thornhill, Ontario with over 40 years of experience in qualitative, quantitative, and new research technologies. We know Canadian research better than anyone. We’ve fielded millions of questionnaires, completed thousands of face-to-face and telephone interviews, and recruited thousands of focus group participants. And, we’ve built cool new technologies that allow our clients to conduct eye-tracking, heat maps, facial coding research, and more. We love giving our clients a full set of customizable options to meet their various needs.
Hours/Schedule: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included.
The Sr. Project Manager orchestrates the show on their projects to ensure a positive client experience and that their projects are completed on time, on-budget and to specification. The individual filling this role will be process-driven, proactively manage the project lifecycle, and show an unwavering commitment to exceeding client expectations. The Sr. Project Manager will also troubleshoot and problem-solve throughout the lifecycle of the projects/studies to ensure the client is happy with their outcome.
This position requires a strong technical aptitude, energetic drive, and the ability to multitask and prioritize. Typical work activities will include:
- Co-ordinate and lead kick-off calls with the client-Brief staff as/if required:e.g.,
- brief mall or on-site face-to-face studies with interviewers and supervisors in Toronto or/and other locations
- Manage survey programming/testing using internal and external resources
- Ensure survey quotas and sample plans meet expectations
- Report on all key survey metrics after pre-testing, including net expected incidence and interview length
- Provide regular study performance field updates to client and/or client service person while monitoring projects in–field to ensure that deadlines are met
- Escalate quickly internally if a project falls off course
- Manage and coordinate translation tabulation/coding as/if required
- Ensure that project files are organized, up-to-date and archived regularly
- Manage sample
- Act as a troubleshooter and problem solver throughout the life cycle of the project/study, immediately reporting any issues to a client service person.
- Mentor and train junior staff and project coordinators to ensure they assist with the project management team-Be able to make project decisions on their own and escalate to the team lead or Director when outside of their scope or expertise
- Be the escalation point for junior staff
* As a mid-sized company, we must all wear multiple hats and sometimes take on responsibilities outside of our standard job description.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent customer service or project management experience, ideally in the market research industry
- Passion to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- General understanding of market research principles
- Better understanding of sampling methodology, incidence rate, quotas, and response rates
- Knowledge of popular research methods, e.g., questionnaires, focus groups, interviews, mall intercepts, shelf-tests
- Familiar with and keen to learn more about newer research methods, e.g., eye-tracking, heatmaps, facial coding, online qualitative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Active listener with demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter, driven, quick to follow through, able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and create solutions
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work outside of typical work hours as needed by clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Three years of relevant market research experience
- 2 years of project management experience in market research
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity among our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.