Canadian Viewpoint is a medium-sized market research firm in Richmond Hill, Ontario, immediately north of Toronto (Leslie and Highway 7), with nearly 40 years of experience in qualitative, quantitative, and new research technologies. We know Canadian research better than anyone. We’ve fielded millions of questionnaires, completed thousands of face-to-face and telephone interviews, and recruited thousands of focus group participants. And, we’ve built cool new technologies that allow our clients to conduct eye-tracking, heat maps, facial coding research, and more. We love giving our clients a full set of customizable options to meet their various needs.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Survey Programmer with impeccable quality standards. Attention to detail and the ability to produce work that meets or exceeds client specifications consistently is a prerequisite. We expect candidates to have experience testing other programmer’s work and checking data.
Hours/Schedule: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included.
General work activities will include:
- Taking ownership of and accountability for fully programming, testing, and checking questionnaires in Decipher Survey (CAWI) while independently managing and meeting agreed-upon timelines. Experience with Confirmit, Voxco, or other survey programming systems will be considered.
- Maintaining impeccable quality standards, being able to self-test and peer-test, delivering a perfect link every time, being accountable for misses/mistakes
- Properly interpreting client wants and specifications, and suggesting enhancements/changes to better implement those wants, the intent being not to ‘blindly follow spec’, but rather to add value wherever possible
- Following Canadian Viewpoint processes and methodologies, as well as improving processes when warranted
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where you will juggle multiple projects
- Working as part of a small collaborative team
- Communicating progress, issues, difficulties with team-members and the team-lead
- Providing occasional oversight and training to junior programmers
- Reporting to the Programming Team Lead
Questionnaire programming requirements include:
- Experience with facilities/strategies for eliminating order bias, ensuring representative sample in all cells, ensuring a device-agnostic questionnaire experience, understanding the pros/cons of rotation and de-rotation
- Being mindful of data requirements such as keeping precedes consistent, data-writes, de-rotation of rotated data, placeholders for trackers
- Adding/configuring questions including HTML and/or CSS styling, assigning proper configuration (e.g., field width), ensuring intuitive respondent experiences. Experience with JS (especially JQuery), Python, PHP or similar is a definite asset.
- Adding pre/post-question filters and validation
- Adding/maintaining quotas and counters
- 2 years of relevant experience minimum, ideally more
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity among our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.